Thursday, January 20, 2011

Walking down the 737 aisle

Here is an excerpt from The Journey: Live Another Day. It's me walking down the aisle to the aeroplane toilet on the Boeing 737.



My cousin took that photo of the flush button some time back. (Funny how when I went on a plane four years ago I didn't notice that the toilet lid was closed in the picture. Now I know to close the lid- the hard way.)

The reason it's saved as a video is because there doesn't seem to be a way to upload just sound files on Blogspot, but then again I'm not really looking too hard. If I can find a way to suggest stuff to the people who make Blogspot then I'm going to suggest it as well as suggesting a "countdown" widget.

Making the video was unbelievably messy. For starters, Sibelius can either export files as midi or wav. Wav. files are supported by Windows Movie Maker (I think) but they take up loads of memory. I tried using a midi to mp3 converter on the Internet but the sound quality got worse, so I searched around and found that iTunes can convert wav files to mp3 files. It took me ages to figure out how.

Bleh. Anyway, enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I liked how it sounded as if they were singing "Bla bla bla, blablablablablabla,"

    which is like rambling. Which connects with your blog.

    Not that it's boring. I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that's what you get when you try and get a computer to sing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh, computers singing... that's a funneh thought.
    The music is cool. ^^
    I can't wait for the rest of it - it definitely feels like it needs to have a kind of POW! factor soon - just having it plodding along like that for much longer than what you've already got isn't good for your fans. ^^

    Yays 4 constructive critisism!

    ReplyDelete